1. Camp Dates: July 13th thru July 26th
2. Camp Fees: Two week session $600, one week session $325
Troop 57 attends camp for 2 weeks. Only new, incoming scouts as of June 2003 are eligible for a 1 week camp stint. Exceptions can be made for extenuating circumstances but approval from the scoutmaster and camp coordinator are required for active scouts to attend only 1 week of camp.
Deposit of $150 due February 28, 2003
Balance of fees due April 15, 2003
About $25-30 spending money per week of camp is required, as well
3. To register for camp, please e-mail Margaret Yarak of your son's intention to attend camp. Follow-up with proper payment by check made out to Troop 57 and send to Margaret Yarak or give to her personally. Note: the Yaraks will not be living in their home during 2003 as it is being remodeled so check the website or emails for their temporary address. Until payment is received, verbal or email confirmation of camp attendance is not confirmed.
4. There are 5 forms required for camp. It is your responsibility to download and print these forms and give them to Margaret before June 1st!
Class I Medical Form: Please update by June 1st with correct medical insurance information. It is best if they are dated as close to June 1st as possible. An up-to-date immunization schedule is needed on Class I forms.
Class II Medical Form (scouts) or Class III Medical Form (adults): Please check the troop website's medical forms record (an Excel form) for the date that your Class II or III Medical form expires. Both of these forms require a physician's signature and information from a recent physical exam. Schedule these now! Class II Medical forms are good for 3 years but Class III forms expire annually.
Authorization and Consent to Minor Form (a Word document): Download from the troop 57 website, print and sign and return to Margaret. To participate in COPE, a scout must be 13 years old by January 1, 2003. Please note that this form must be witnessed - a spouse, parent or scout family can witness your signature. Also note that both parents are required to sign.
Memorandum of Understanding Form (a Word document): By signing this form, your scout confirms that he will follow the camp rules and you are agreeing that if he violates these rules, you will be responsible for arranging transportation home from camp. It's a 4 to 5 hour drive to Oljato from Palo Alto so take this seriously! You are also agreeing to use the Camp Coordinator as the conduit of information to the troop's adult leadership while your scout is at camp.
Camp Oljato Emergency Contact Information Form (a Word document): This is where you tell us how to reach you while your scout is at camp. If you're going to be out of town during camp, you need to leave a local contact who can travel to Oljato to pick up your son, if necessary. Although it's a rarity, we've had to call parents regarding medical emergencies and illness. Remember, your scout can escape but you can't hide!
5. A mandatory camp orientation will be held Saturday morning, June 14th at 9 a.m. at the Scout House. Only absences approved by the scoutmaster, Bob Cory, will be excused.
6. Scholarships, either partial or full, are available. Please contact Margaret Yarak before the deposit deadline if your son would like to go to camp but this year is not a particularly profitable one for your family. Any camperships are confidential (only Margaret, Bob Cory and the troop treasurer would know). Pac Sky Council receives restricted funds for camperships that have not been awarded in previous years, which is a shame as the monies cannot be used for other purposes. Ask Margaret for an application if you're interested.